Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thanksgiving

"We need to be more grateful. It's one of the marks of strong character, to have a feeling of thanksgiving and gratitude for blessings that are ours. We need more of that spirit in our homes, in our daily associations, in church, everywhere. It's so easy to cultivate the spirit of appreciation."
-Ezra Taft Benson
I'm grateful for...

1. Family. Rob and Mcallister. They mean the world to me and I'm so lucky to have them in my life. 

2. More Family. My parents, extended family. I couldn't ask for better.

3.. The Gospel.  I'm so grateful to know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me. I'm grateful for Jesus Christ, the atonement, and the opportunity we have to be with our families forever

4. Food and Shelter. There are many in the world who do not have what I take for granted everyday. 

5.. Pioneers. They sacrificed so much more than i'll ever understand.

6.. Health. I am so blessed to have good health.

7. Friends. I have many good friends who have helped me through certain times in my life. I don't know where I would be without them. 

8. Scholarships and Education. I am lucky to have the education I have today, even more lucky that I was able to have a scholarship and parents who helped support me through school. 

9. Track and Field. I learned so much during the four years I ran for UVU. Lots of hard work, dedication,  failure, success, friends, pain, happiness, disappointment, learning to stand up for myself, coaches. All of it made a huge impact on me.

10. My body. I remember President Hinckley talking about how amazing the finger was. Seriously our bodies are amazing. They enable us to do so much.

11. Being a Mother.  (I definitely took my mom for granted.)  I love Mcallister with my whole heart.

12. Nature. Trees, flowers, mountains, seasons, all of it. Beautiful.

13. Pictures. So blessed to have pictures to remember memories and remember generations.

14. Freedom, and those who have fought for it.

15. Modern Medicine. Modern Medicine has come a long ways. It's wonderful to be able to prevent diseases that once wiped out communities.

16. Animals. I'm an animal lover. Always have been. I didn't actually realize there are people who don't like animals. Weird. Some of the best friends I've ever had have had four legs.

17. Cell phones. What did they do before cell phones? 

18. Technology. It has lots of good and bad, but I am grateful for all the good technology brings. We have instant access to almost anything you can think of. Amazing.

19. Vision. So much to take in, another thing I take for granted.

20. Sound. Happy I'm able to hear my baby's cooing and laughter.

21. Holidays. They bring cheer and are a good reason for family get-togethers :)

22.Thrift stores and hand-me-downs. One man's junk is another man's treasure... (Ok I'm grateful for Ross, TJ Maxx and F21 too)

23. Books.  I love a good book.

24. Movies. Also love a good movie

25. Gas and Power. Warm water, lights, everything made easier.

26. Appliances. Dishwasher, washer, dryer, refrigerator garbage disposal, etc. 

27. Church. Lifts me up every single week. 

28. My car. Like to go when I want to go. 

29. Indoor plumbing. Especially during winter nights and pregnancy.

30. Life. My life is great. I have all of this and so much more to be thankful for. 




1 comment:

  1. Jami - I just caught up on your blog! So cute! And thanks for sharing your gratitude list. I need to sit down and write one, although I agree with each one of yours. :) The indoor plumbing for pregnancy made me laugh. And yeah for Mcallister's blessing day! Loved his superman costume as well! Such a good mom you are. Can't wait to see you during the holidays and hopefully more!

    ReplyDelete