Okay, I'm a little behind.. but for Halloween Mcallister was Superman. A very cute Superman.
Last weekend my Mom and I ran the Snow Canyon Half Marathon. Both of our firsts. It was pretty awesome. Since it was so cold they kept all of the runners on the bus until 10 minutes before the start of the race. There were about 2,000 runners and 10 port-a-potties. Runners were scattering everywhere to find a place to go the bathroom...it was pretty funny. After the race my mom and I talked about how at one point in the race you are so high thinking, "life is great, I love this, I should run a marathon." The next mile of the race thinking, "this was by far the most stupid idea I've ever had." At the finish I felt such a feeling of accomplishment, and I was excited because they had free frozen yogurt, cookies, rice krispy's waiting at the end for us (they also had wheat bread, oranges and some healthy stuff, but I skipped straight to the goods.) The next day I was a lot more sore than I had been on any of my long runs, maybe because I ran quite a bit faster. Well hopefully we'll see some more 13.1's in the future, but we'll have to wait and see.
Before
After (it was freezing)
Later that Saturday we had Mcallister's baby blessing. Rob was able to give him a name and a blessing. Mcallister had lots of loved ones there for him, he is a very loved little boy. I wish I would have got more pictures with everyone that came, darn.
| Mcallister loves his cousin Claire |
This is wonderful. I'm so sorry we couldn't be there. Will we see you at Thanksgiving in Kanab?
ReplyDelete