Friday, September 2, 2011

Motivation

I'm training to run the Snow Canyon half marathon in November. I bought myself some Nike Pegasus for motivation (and because my feet grew during pregnancy). I'm seriously having a hard time keeping up with training though. I started running right after my 6 week check-up. I never knew how horrible running could be- I was/am so out of shape, my hips hurt, and I can't just run whenever I please, baby takes priority. I think I'm slowly starting to feel better. I need this. I love/hate running, but I feel a huge need to continue running and do this half marathon for myself. So for my second motivation I bought some adidas capris. If anyone else has any other motivation for me I'd love to hear it.
 Bring it on running.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat, way out of shape and trying to get back into it. Do you have a jogging stroller? You could take him with you :-) It's hard, but you can do it!! Also, don't try to push your self to hard, I tried to do it, and it just made me hate running even more. I was doing a 5 on, 5 off for 30 minutes and it helped me build up. Also, just for your knowledge, walking burns more fat than running, running builds more muscle, so don't feel bad if you need to just do a walking day, at least your out working out, and that's all that matters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can do it Sweetie! You've always done anything you set your mind too. Wish I was closer and you could just drop Cal with me.

    ReplyDelete